Climate Change and global warming don’t seem to be going anywhere.
- CO2 levels – We hit record CO2 levels in 2020. We hit 417 parts per million in May 2020. The last time CO2 levels were this high was 4 million years ago. The way you choose to travel REALLY matters.
- Record heat – The past decade was the hottest this planet has ever been. The temperatures triggered the largest wildfires ever recorded in California, Colorado, and Australia.
- Arctic Ice – In June 2020, the temperature reached 38C in eastern Siberia. That’s the hottest ever recorded in the Arctic Circle.
- Permafrost – Permafrost contains a huge amount of greenhouse gases, including CO2 and methane which get released into the environment when it thaws. And this happens when temperatures increase.
- Deforestation – Since 1990, the world has lost 178 million hectares of forest. The soil in forests stores about 45% of all carbon on land. And when we lose forests, the soil is disturbed and the CO2 is released into the atmosphere.
- The world is heading towards a point of no return. And we must do everything in our power to prevent reaching that point. Change the way you think. Change the way you travel. It’s time to think about the future of our existence.
- Knowing what to do only makes sense when you take the action and apply it. Let us know the ONE small change you’re going to make today in the comments below. Let’s help the planet together 🙂